I made these 'learning posts' in June for Spina Bifida Awareness month, but thought I'd make a stand-alone blog so that if anyone is interested, all of the information is here. And I can add as I learn more about spina bifida as well!

Spina Bifida is the most common birth defect in North America. My son Nickolas was born November 13, 2009 with spina bifida and I have chronicalled our journey here, in my personal blog.

I hope you enjoy and learn something!


The information from this blog has been collected by myself to share what I have learned. It should in no way replace medical recommendations or consultation. This is for educational and information purposes only.

Start by picking a topic below:

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

SB University

If you are looking at any information about spina bifida I'm hoping that you will explore SB University.
http://www.sbuniversity.org/

This is an online platform to 'purchase' courses. I say 'purchase' because they are all free, but you still have to add them to your shopping cart and go through the process of buying something, without ever putting in any kinds of credit card information, because it is free.

These free webinars are offered through the Spina Bifida Association.

What is more incredible than free education that I can learn about right in my own family room.

At the end of it you can even print a certificate of completion (If education hours are important).

I'm still currently exploring all of the different webinars offered. But I'm excited about the bowel and bladder management as well as the introduction into school sessions.
It is not aimed specifically at parents, but healthcare providers, educators, and of course individuals with spina bifida as well.

I'm excited to go through more of the webinars and add some education to this site.
But check it out yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment